This years record rain has left devastation in its path, but for the rivers in southern Missouri it has made for some great floating. Many of the rivers start running low this time of year and continue to drop through the summer causing some parts to be to shallow for floating. This years rain has left the rivers in great shape and many outfitters say they should be in good shape for the entire summer season.
We have a trip planned to Alley Springs the first week of July. We made this trip later in July last year and found the Jacks Fork to be very shallow and difficult to float. You can read about that trip in the archives. Again this year we will be using the Sea Eagle 9 raft for the float along with tubes and will float from Alley Springs to Eminence. The reports from the outfitters sound promising and I hope for a much easier float this year.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- floating missouri rivers
- is the sea eagle 8 good raft for missouri river
- missouri rivers for floating
- camping and floating in missouri
- rv campers floating in the rain
- floating in southern missouri
- Lifestyle float trips missouri
- jayco 1406 roof rebuild
- what you need for floating missouri
- ideas for floating down the river